The American Society for Health Care Risk Management recognizes National Patient Safety Awareness Week and the role in which patient safety professionals contribute to ASHRM’s mission of advancing patient safety, reducing uncertainty and maximizing value.
Patient Safety Awareness Week Activities and Tools
ASHRM has a slate of free activities as well as professional development tools and resources available for patient safety risk professionals.
The following free supplemental resources directly correspond to the Patient Safety Tip Sheets.
- High Acuity Patient External Transfer Handoff Guidance Tool
- Safe Procedural Surgery Gap Analysis Worksheet
- Patient Safety Week Quick Training - Agency Contracts
Patient Safety Word Search
Review Patient Safety terms with this printable word search.
eLearning and On-Demand Webinars:
Access these patient safety eLearning courses and on-demand webinars.
- NEW! Reducing Clinical Risks Associated with Reusable Medical Devices: A Regulatory, Patient Safety, Risk Management, and Infection Control Perspective
- Patient Safety Ethics
- Patient Safety and the Obesity Epidemic: How to Tackle the Risks of an Expanding Patient Population
- Can We Talk? Communication Gaps Cause Patient Harm
- The Whole is Greater than the Sum of the Parts - Uniting Quality, Patient Safety, and Risk
- Teaching Cognitive Interviewing Skills for Adverse Event Investigation
- Scaling Communication and Resolution Programs: Achieving the Potential, Avoiding the Pitfalls
The Health Care Risk Management Fundamentals book utilizes the ERM model to illuminate the fundamental domains of health care risk management including Clinical Risk Management and Patient Safety, the Legal and Regulatory Environment, Claims and Litigation and Risk Financing. Purchase Now
The Patient Safety Risk Management Playbook will help you become a more knowledgeable and confident health care risk manager through the use of data and metrics, an approach that supports patient safety and risk reduction programs and initiatives. Purchase Now