The 2023 Application is Now Open
This program is offered to support the career development of health care risk managers with financial needs.
Apply for a scholarship for one of the following events:
- ASHRM Academy – April 24-29, 2023, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- ASHRM Express – Summer 2023
- ASHRM Pre-Conference – September 29-30, 2023, Minneapolis, MN
- ASHRM Annual Conference – October 1-4, 2023, Minneapolis, MN or Virtual Conference
Members will apply for and receive their scholarships in advance of event registration, so that they may begin making their education plans for the 2023 year. All scholarships cover program registration only. Travel and lodging costs are not included in the scholarship. The deadline to apply for all ASHRM scholarships is 2:00 p.m. CT on Thursday, January 19, 2023.
About the Fay Rozovsky Scholarship Program
The ASHRM 2023 Fay Rozovsky Scholarship Program is named after Fay Rozovsky, DFASHRM, DS, JD, MPH. Fay dedicated her time and talent to ASHRM as both President and faculty member. These contributions pale in comparison to the time she spent teaching and mentoring members of the profession. Fay was one of a handful of individuals to receive ASHRM’s Presidential Citation Award and Distinguished Service Award. She was a Distinguished Fellow of ASHRM.
Brand New Members Instantly Eligible
New ASHRM members are instantly eligible for the 2023 Scholarship! Any ASHRM member in good standing can apply for these potential savings on ASHRM education programs.
Scholarship Application Guidelines
- Scholarships are only available to ASHRM members in good standing.
- All applicants must submit a complete application and letter of recommendation.
- First priority will be given to first-time applicants.
- Funding is limited. All decisions regarding an applicant’s approval or denial of a scholarship are made at the discretion of the ASHRM Educational Scholarship Task Force and the ASHRM Board and are considered final.
- The scholarship covers education registration only. Travel and lodging are not included.
- All applications must be submitted by 2 p.m. CT on Thursday, January 19, 2023.
- All applicants must be currently employed at the professional level in the risk management, risk insurance, risk finance, healthcare law, or patient safety management profession; or must be able to articulate that a career change to the field of risk management/patient safety is a desired professional goal.
- Scholarships are considered for applicants demonstrating insufficient sources of funding to cover the full cost of the course or program.
- Ability to demonstrate how newly learned techniques will be applied to improve the organization’s overall risk management/patient safety program.
- Documentation of current involvement in ASHRM activities (i.e. local chapters, committees/task forces, Journal of Healthcare Risk Management), or description of interest in involvement will be considered.
Required Application Documentation:
- Download and complete the Scholarship Application (PDF, right click and select save as to download).
- Applicant narrative that includes the following:
- Name, Address, Telephone Numbers, and email address
- Current position held at employer organization
- Description of how newly learned methods and skills will be applied to improve the organization’s overall risk management/patient safety program
- Individual scholastic experience, activities, and accomplishments
- Documentation of current involvement in ASHRM activities, or description of interest in involvement.
- Resume or CV that details work/scholastic experience related to risk management and/or patient safety
- Letter of recommendation.
- Applicants must provide their letter writer with this template.
- Recipients must provide a one-page summary of their experience within two weeks of the conclusion of the event. This information must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All applicants are strongly encouraged to post on the ASHRM Exchange and/or submit an article for possible publication in the ASHRM Forum, describing how attendance at the program facilitated the successful “hands-on” application of lessons learned.
- For marketing and promotional purposes, applicants may be asked to be interviewed to describe how the scholarship was beneficial.