The Virtual learning version of the CPHRM Exam Prep Course offers weekly online calls with ASHRM faculty
ASHRM Express Virtual Learning Course - August 2021
The Certified Professional in Health Care Risk Management (CPRHM) Exam Preparation Course is designed to provide the student with information related to the CPHRM exam, assisting in preparation for taking the test and becoming a Certified Professional in Health Care Risk Management. The exam content includes health care operations, clinical/patient safety, risk financing, claims/litigation, and legal and regulatory, based on ASHRM’s job analysis survey done every three to five years. This course is not meant to be an all-encompassing source of information for the exam.
By the end of each weekly module, learners will be able to:
Module 1: Operations
- Define enterprise risk management (ERM) and the benefits of an ERM program.
- Identify the key components of developing a risk management program, including the risk management professional’s role and responsibilities.
- Articulate key issues concerning health care organization governance.
- Describe the elements and importance of policy and procedure management.
- Discuss various aspects of employee and environmental safety.
Module 2: Patient Safety
- Identify the clinical areas that provide the greatest risk exposures in health care.
- Discuss the importance of having a patient safety infrastructure to support a patient safety program.
- Explain the Just Culture and human factors concepts and their impact on reporting patient safety events.
- Describe the components of a high-reliability organization.
- Discuss the value of patient and family participation in patient safety.
Module 3: Risk Financing & Claims Management
- Examine alternative in risk financing techniques such as retention and transfer.
- Describe the types of insurance.
- List elements of an insurance contract.
- Explain the difference between claims-made and occurrence insurance.
- Describe the claims management process from the occurrence of the event to the resolution of the claim.
- Distinguish between a claim, a potentially compensable event, and a lawsuit.
- Describe the types of liability.
- State the value of collecting claims data.
Module 4: Legal & Regulatory
- Discuss the value of ethics as a cornerstone in the delivery of health care.
- Describe the informed consent process and its impact on patient care.
- Summarize key regulations and laws that govern patient care, data management, payment, employment, and workplace safety in the health care environment.
- Discuss accreditation, licensure, and surveying bodies and the value of participating.
Virtual Call Dates & Times:
|Module 1||Tuesday, August 3||12:00p – 1:30p CST|
|Module 2||Tuesday, August 10||12:00p – 1:30p CST|
|Module 3||Tuesday, August 17
Thursday, August 19
|12:00p – 1:30p CST|
|Module 4||Tuesday, August 24||12:00p – 1:30p CST|
13 hours of online format
You will receive a "Certificate of Completion" upon completion of the following:
- Full online attendance during live calls
- Completion of all online activities
- Completion of evaluation within 2 weeks
Continuing Education Credit Information
This program is approved for 13 contact hours of continuing education credit toward fulfillment of the requirements of ASHRM designations of FASHRM (Fellow) and DFASHRM (Distinguished Fellow), and toward CPHRM renewal – for those who hold the designation at the time of the program.
Continuing Nursing Education (CNE)
American Society for Health Care Risk Management is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
This program has been approved for 13 contact hours.
Email email@example.com for questions