Last updated: April 9, 2020
The American Society for Health Care Risk Management is working in collaboration with the American Hospital Association and other AHA Professional Membership Groups (PMGs) to equip health care risk management professionals with the latest tools and resources developed in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Under the leadership of the AHA, which is working closely with the CDC, and other federal, state and local partners to respond to this challenge, ASHRM will provide health care risk management professionals with the most up-to-date information on the COVID-19 pandemic.
COVID-19 Resources for Health Care Risk Managers
ASHRM Exchange Member Online Community
Health care risk management professionals across the U.S. are collaborating on the ASHRM Exchange member community to solve the challenges of this unprecedented moment.
Current Discussions Trending on ASHRM Exchange:
- Preparedness Review Document
- Cloth Mask Policies
- Visitation for COVID Patients Over Electronics
- Imminent Death Visitor Exception Waiver
- PPE for Temperature Checks
- Hospital Preparedness Guide from TJC - Before the Storm
- Watch for Your State's Executive Order
- Report Form Issued from CDC on Potential COVID-19 Patients
A Brief Guide to Crisis Communications for Health Care Providers
This general preparation tool from ASHRM, the Society Health Care Strategy and Market Development (SHSMD) and the American Health Lawyers Association (AHLA) provides easy access to crisis communications references materials for health care risk managers, executives, attorneys, communication professionals and providers. This complimentary guide will cover crisis communication preparedness, what to do during a crisis and how to conduct a post-crisis evaluation.
AHA COVID-19 Resources
The American Hospital Association is providing daily updates, reporting and advocacy on its flagship Coronavirus Resources page.
Protect Our Heroes Campaign
The AHA along with the Creative Coalition and the Association for Healthcare Philanthropy launched the Protect the Heroes campaign, which allows the general public to make direct impact donations to America's hospitals and health systems. Learn More.
The 100 Million Mask Challenge
Our health care heroes on the front lines have an immediate need for personal protective equipment, and we have to push on all cylinders to get these items produced and into the field. Learn how you can help.
Share Your Story Fighting COVID-19
The AHA is collecting and sharing positive, members-in-action stories about the amazing work the field is doing every day to combat COVID-19 and care for all people affected – physically and emotionally. Stories from the Front Lines will feature stories of compassion, understanding, overcoming obstacles and even humor. You can submit personal narratives, raw iPhone videos or even a simple image. Visit the AHA.org COVID-19 Updates and Resources page to submit your stories, recognize and encourage your health care teams, and stay inspired.
Featured AHA Resources
- COVID-19 Models: Forecasting the Pandemic's Spread
- Podcast: A Conversation with the FBI on Mitigating COVID-19 Cyber Threats
- Technology for the Decontamination and Reuse of N95 Respirators Now Available
- FEMA Implements Ventilator Request Process
- Caring with Limited Resources During the COVID-19 Crisis: A Compilation of Resources for Your Team
- Special Bulletin: DOL Releases FAQs on Families First Coronavirus Response Act Employer Provisions
- AHA Advisory: CDC Updates Guidance on Discharging Patients with COVID-19
- Four Ways to Mitigate COVID-19 Cyber Risks
- AHA, AMA and ANA Urge Americans to Stay Home to Combat COVID-19
- AHA Update: FDA Guidance to Mitigate Ventilator Supply Disruptions
Resources from Other AHA Professional Membership Groups
COVID-19 for Resources for Health Care Facilities
The American Society for Health Care Engineering (ASHE) is curating resources to help reduce the spread of COVID-19 in the health care environment. These resources cover critical operations such as air quality, safety and security, emergency preparedness and infection prevention.
Top ASHE Resources
- Recommendations for OR Use During COVID-19
- Templates for Submitting Inspection, Testing and Maintenance Waivers to CMS
- COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions
- Webinar Recording: Health Care Facilities & COVID-19 Safety: What You Need to Know
- Converting Alternative Care Sites to Patient Space Options
AHRMM Recommendations on COVID-19 for Health Care Supply Chain
The Association for Health Care Resource & Materials Management (AHRMM) is engaged with numerous health care leaders, associations, and regulatory agencies to track recommendations and new developments regarding the health care supply chain.
Resources on AHRMM's Website
- Non-Traditional Supplies Offering PPE and Other Critical Supplies
- Companies Offering COVID-19 Resources at No Cost
- Alternative Supply Channels Offering PPE and Other Critical Supplies
ASHHRA Resources on Human Resources During COVID-19
The American Society for Health Care Human Resources Administration is providing updates and resources on COVID-19 related to Human Resources and staffing.
Top ASHHRA Resources
- COVID-19: Considerations for Health Care Human Resources and Operational Leaders
- CMS Releases Waivers for COVID-19
SHSMD Resources on Crisis Communication and COVID-19
The Society Health Care Strategy and Market Development is curating crisis communication resources and sample internal and external communications from hospitals and health systems.
Top SHSMD Resources
- SHSMD Conversation Series: COVID-19
- Crisis Communications for Hospital and Health Systems: A SHSMD Resource Digest
- Recognizing Employees During COVID-19