ASHRM's 2020 Scholarship Program
ASHRM is now accepting applications for scholarships for members to attend ASHRM’s 2020 health care risk management education programs. This program is offered to support the career development of health care risk managers with financial needs.
Apply for a scholarship for one of the following events:
- ASHRM Academy – April 20-23, 2020 Atlanta, GA
- ASHRM Express – July 27-30 2020 and August 3-6, Chicago, IL
- ASHRM Pre-Conference Programs – October 9-10, 2020 Phoenix, AZ
- ASHRM Conference – October 11-14, 2020 Phoenix, AZ
Members will apply for and receive their scholarships in advance event registration, so that they may begin making their education plans for the 2020 year.
All scholarships cover program registration only. Travel and lodging costs are not included in the scholarship. The deadline to apply for all ASHRM scholarships is 2pm CT on Thursday, February 6, 2020
Scholarship Application Guidelines
- Scholarships are only available to ASHRM members in good standing, preference will be given to members who have exceeded ASHRM membership for one year prior to submitting application materials for scholarship.
- All applicants must submit a complete application and letter of recommendation
- First priority will be given to first time applicants.
- Funding is limited. All decisions regarding an applicant’s approval or denial of a scholarship are made at the discretion of the ASHRM Educational Scholarship Task Force and the ASHRM Board and are considered final.
- Scholarship covers Academy, Express, Pre-Conference or Annual Conference registration only (travel and lodging not included)
- Scholarships will not be retroactively accepted for attendance at a program that has already taken place.
- A member can receive up to one scholarship per calendar year.
- All applicants must be currently employed at the professional level in the risk management, risk insurance, risk finance, health care law, or patient safety management profession; or must be able to articulate that a career change to the field of risk management/patient safety is a desired professional goal.
- Scholarships are considered for applicants demonstrating insufficient sources of funding to cover the full cost of the course or program.
- Ability to demonstrate how newly learned techniques will be applied to improve the organization’s overall risk management/patient safety program.
- Documentation of current involvement in ASHRM activities (i.e. local chapters, committees/task forces, Journal of Healthcare Risk Management), or description of interest in involvement will be considered.
Required Application Documentation:
- Applicant narrative that includes the following:
- Name, Address, Telephone Numbers, and E-mail address
- Current position held at employer organization
- Description of how newly learned methods and skills will be applied to improve the organization’s overall risk management/patient safety program
- Individual scholastic experience, activities, and accomplishments
- Documentation of current involvement in ASHRM activities, or description of interest in involvement.
- Resume or CV that details work/scholastic experience related to risk management and/or patient safety
- Letter of recommendation.
- Applicants must provide their letter writer with this template
- Recipients must provide a one page summary of their experience within two weeks of the conclusion of the event. This information must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All applicants are strongly encouraged to post on the ASHRM Exchange and/or submit an article for possible publication in the ASHRM Forum, describing how attendance at the program facilitated successful “hands-on” application of lessons learned.
- For marketing and promotional purposes, applicants may be asked to be interviewed describing how the scholarship was beneficial.