The ASHRM Risk Manager of the Year Award recognizes outstanding individuals for their advancement and service to health care risk management.
Award Eligibility and Selection Criteria
Candidates may be nominated by an ASHRM member or self-nominate by Friday, June 24, 2022.
Nominee Eligibility Requirements:
- Anyone who currently practices health care risk management for a health care organization, financial institution, government entity, risk management consultation, insurance industry, or legal practice.
- Must be a current ASHRM member
- Demonstrated leadership through one of the following criteria:
- Past ASHRM or State/Regional Chapter committee member or chair
- Speaker at ASHRM Annual Conference, webinar or State/Regional Chapter Conference
- Past member of ASHRM or State/Regional Chapter Board
- Serve as ASHRM faculty
Each nomination will be scored in the following areas:
- Work as an effective collaborator to produce positive results
- Deeply committed to risk management and contributes to the advancement and service to the risk management community
- Shows outstanding innovation through creativity when confronted with challenges, issues or a need or desire for improvement
- Strong leadership skills through the ability to guide and inspire others
- Demonstration of value creation through the implementation of a risk program
Past Award Recipients
2021: Jean B. Hood RN, MSN, CPHRM, CPPS, FASHRM
2020: Barbara McCarthy, RN, MPH, CIC, CPHQ, CPHRM, FASHRM
2019: Karen Garvey, DFASHRM, CPHRM, CPPS
2018: Rebecca Cady, Esq., BSN, CPHRM, DFASHRM, FACHE