News & Announcements
Call for ASHRM 2016 Poster Abstracts
April 01, 2016
Is your hospital or organization an innovator in healthcare risk management? Are you breaking new ground with projects that are improving the quality, efficiency and affordability of healthcare in your community? If so, now is your opportunity to share your success stories with your risk management colleagues! ASHRM invites you to submit your project for a poster presentation to be part of the 2016 ASHRM Annual Conference & Exhibition.
The poster presentations and summaries will spotlight ASHRM members’ success stories in these areas:
- Improving quality
- Enhancing patient safety
- Implementing Just Culture innovations
Conditions of Participation
The Call for Posters is open to ASHRM members and nonmembers. Those who would like to participate should submit an abstract online describing their project by Saturday April 30, 2016.
Abstract Submission Guidelines:
- At least one author must register for the Annual Conference to be eligible for participation.
- The cost of travel and conference registration is the responsibility of the presenter. ASHRM will not cover these fees.
- Abstracts must be organized into four sections: Objectives, Methods, Results and Conclusions.
- Summaries should be 300 words or less.
- Abstracts should include a concise project title and the full names of authors, including their affiliations and designations.
- Abstracts should include the mailing address, phone number, fax number and e-mail address for the primary contact person.
ASHRM Annual Conference 2016 Poster Proposal Evaluation Criteria
Approved abstracts will be evaluated on the following criteria:
State of Completion/Quality of the Proposal:
Is the proposal complete? Is something missing that prevents the reviewer from getting a full understanding of the proposal?
Is this a new topic? Does this present the topic in a new light?
Advancement of the Field:
Does this poster help attendees learn new topics to advance in the field of risk management?
Is the poster topic relevant to the field of risk management?
The Annual Conference Committee will make the final decision on which abstracts are chosen for poster presentations by June 1, 2016.
Applicants whose abstracts are selected will be required to upload their poster to an online site by Monday, August 15, 2016.
- Presenters should use a landscape style in designing the poster and choose a font size large enough so that the audience can read the poster from up to 2 feet away on a 46-inch screen.
- As in the abstract, the content of the poster should include the concise title of the project, the full names of all authors including their designations and affiliations, and the following sections: Objectives, Methods, Results and Conclusion.
- The poster should include acknowledgements, disclosures of financial support and references, when appropriate.
- All expenses associated with creation of the electronic posters are the responsibility of the presenter.
The posters will be displayed on large touch screens in the Member Zone at the 2016 ASHRM Annual Conference & Exhibition in Orlando Fl, September 25-28, 2016. Presenters are asked to bring a copy of their PowerPoint poster to the conference on a jump drive, in case of technical difficulties.
If you have questions regarding the Call for Posters, please contact the Education Team at ASHRM via email at email@example.com. Please write “ASHRM Call for Posters” in the e-mail subject line.