Currently Affiliated Chapters
For the most up-to-date list of ASHRM chapters, please visit the ASHRM Chapter Directory.
To update your chapter’s information, please contact ASHRM email@example.com or (312) 422-3986.
Starting a New ASHRM Chapter
ASHRM's chapters are all independently operated nonprofit organizations. If you are interested in starting a new ASHRM chapter in your area or gaining affiliation for an organization that already exists, you will need to meet the chapter requirements listed below in order to become affiliated.
NOTE: If you are creating a new organization, you will be responsible for foundational tasks such as establishing officers, recruiting members, finalizing bylaws, and generally building an administrative structure and operating procedures. ASHRM does not provide administrative assistance to organizations that are not yet operating at the required capacity beyond the following: one hour long Q&A call, access to our best practices guide, and one promotional email to risk management professionals in your area.
To initiate a request for affiliation, please contact ASHRM at (312) 422-3986 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once a nonprofit meets the requirements for affiliation, the officers can submit a formal request for affiliation to ASHRM. The ASHRM Board of Directors reviews all requests for affiliation at their quarterly board meetings. Newly affiliated chapters are announced at the Annual Business Meeting during the ASHRM Annual Conference & Exhibition .
Requirements for Affiliation
Chapter affiliation with ASHRM requires the following:
1. Chapters must fully execute a chapter affiliation agreement with the ASHRM.
2. Chapter must have a mission statement that helps advance ASHRM’s mission.
3. Chapter much be governed by bylaws that are compliant with relevant laws.
4. Chapters must have at least 20 members.
5. Chapters with less than 100 members must have at least 15 members who are also ASHRM members.
6. The President and President-Elect of the chapter must be ASHRM members.
7. The chapter must maintain a bank account in the chapter’s name.
8. Chapter must have obtained its own Employer Identification Number.
9. The chapter must be incorporated as a not-for-profit corporation and be in good standing in its state of incorporation.
10. Chapter must obtain an exemption from federal income taxes under section 501(c) of the IRS.
11. Chapter must obtain general liability insurance with a minimum coverage of $1,000,000 and include proof of such insurances with its annual report.
12. The chapter must maintain directors and officers liability (D&O) insurance and include proof of such insurance with its annual report.