Medical Ethics and Risk Management
ASHRM On-Demand Webinar
CE Credit: 1
This webinar-based self-study includes a basic overview of medical ethics, clinical ethics analysis, risk management, and ethics intersection, and ethical systems in practice.
Health care models rarely look at the topic of ethics and seldom provide a structured approach to the ethical decision-making that takes place in the clinical setting. Medical ethics is a topic that, as an industry, is more ingrained in an esoteric model than a practical one. Our experiences often formulate our ethical beliefs and behaviors. The purpose of the activity is to provide a basic overview of medical ethics, clinical ethics analysis, risk management and ethics intersection, and ethical systems in practice.
- • Apply a learning model to analyze and provide recommendations to common medical ethics issues.
- • Discuss three key clinical ethical areas and ideas to implement effective risk reduction strategies.
- • Apply and discuss the six principles of bioethics.
- • Analyze the critical components of where law and medical ethics intersect.
- • Identify the key components of an effective medical ethics program.
- • Identify the five R’s in medical ethics decision making.
Josh Hyatt, DHSc, MHL, CPHRM
Question? Contact ASHRM@aha.org