News & Announcements
ASHRM Announces New Prep Materials for the Revised Certified Professional in Healthcare Risk Management (CPHRM) Exam
March 04, 2019
Contact: Virginia Petrancosta, MBA, CAE For Immediate Release
Chicago – The American Society for Health Care Risk Management is revising the Certified Professional in Healthcare Risk Management (CPHRM) exam prep materials in coordination with the new CPHRM examination specifications and the new CPHRM version of the exam that will launch Jan. 2, 2020.
The American Hospital Association Certification Center (AHA-CC) designs and administers the CPHRM certification program to recognize mastery of well-defined bodies of knowledge within the health care risk management field. The AHA-CC conducted a job task analysis (JTA) in 2018-2019 to define the tasks, knowledge, and skill sets most pertinent to a risk manager’s role. The CPHRM examination specifications and exam will be updated based on the results, and the new exam will launch Jan. 2, 2020.
An overview of the changes to the domains:
Current CPHRM Domains and Weight
1. Clinical/Patient Safety: 35 items
2. Risk Financing: 10 items
3. Legal and Regulatory: 24 items
4. Healthcare Operations: 26 items
5. Claims and Litigation: 5 items
Jan. 2, 2020, CPHRM Domains and Weight
1. Clinical/Patient Safety: 25 items
2. Risk Financing: 15 items
3. Legal and Regulatory: 20 items
4. Health Care Operations: 20 items
5. Claims and Litigation: 20 items
The current CPHRM Exam will be offered through Dec. 31, 2019. Learn more about the CPHRM Exam and details about testing centers. The new CPHRM Exam will launch Jan. 2, 2020.
CPHRM Study Preparation Materials and Classes
Below is a timeline that details when and what prep materials/classes are changing in advance of the new CPHRM Exam.
- ASHRM University, CPHRM Online Prep Course
- Current CPHRM Online Prep Course ends Dec. 31, 2019
- NEW CPHRM Online Prep Course launches Jan. 2, 2020
- April 2019: ASHRM Academy
- Summer 2019: HRM Modules and CPHRM
- Current CPHRM prep class
- Current CPHRM paper and pencil exam
- Oct. 2019: ASHRM Pre-Conference and Annual Conference
- NEW CPHRM prep book launches
- NEW CPHRM prep class
- No CPHRM paper and pencil exam offered
For more information about the current and new exam and prep and study materials please visit www.ASHRM.org/CPHRM
About the American Society for Health Care Risk Management (ASHRM)
The American Society for Health Care Risk Management (ASHRM) is a professional membership group of the American Hospital Association (AHA) representing enterprise risk management, clinical, insurance, legal, patient safety and other related interests.
ASHRM promotes effective and innovative risk management strategies and professional leadership through education, advocacy, publications, networking and interactions with leading healthcare organizations and government agencies.
ASHRM initiatives focus on developing and implementing safe and effective patient care practices, the preservation of financial resources and the maintenance of safe working environments. To join ASHRM visit www.ASHRM.org/join