News & Announcements
Call for Risk Management Content - Deadline Extended to Nov. 1
August 19, 2016
The American Society for Healthcare Risk Management is seeking authors and contributors for a new industry-leading Risk Management manuscript/publication.
Leaders in the field of Risk Management with strong technical writing skills are encourage to apply. Applications are due Tuesday, November 1, 2016.
- Demonstrates technically accurate writing ability
- Able to present existing and new information in a concise format
- Addresses issues specifically for healthcare risk managers
- Adheres to the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (APA), sixth edition
All Applicants MUST:
- Provide a CV/Resume
- Identify area(s) of expertise
- Claims & Litigation
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Legal & Regulatory
- Clinical/Patient Safety
- Risk Financing
- Human Capital
- Submit a published article in which applicant is an author
- Submissions in which the applicant is the primary author is preferred, but not required
- Must be peer reviewed
- Publication distribution of more than 1,000
- Published within the last 10 years
- Submit a written response to the following prompt:
- What are the top 3 issues Risk Managers are facing today?
- Must be double-spaced - excluding references, charts, and figures
- Ideally not more than 1,500 words
- Follow American Hospital Association editorial style guide
- Agree to terms in ASHRM’s Contributing Content Agreement if selected
- Agree to terms in ASHRM’s Conflict of Interest form; if selected (attached)
- Applicants will be informed via email of the status of their application by November 1, 2016.
Send all completed materials by the deadline in a single email to Derrick Mitchell at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions, please contact Derrick at 312-422-3983.