HRM Certificate Program Module 2: Applications in Health Care Risk Management
Enrich your practical risk management skills using complex subject matter. The HRM Certificate Program, a cornerstone of ASHRM’s professional development opportunities, covers key aspects of risk management while providing valuable continuing education credits. Leading experts, professional contacts, powerful tools and impactful lessons are just some of the valuable ways in which participants and their employers can benefit from attending the HRM Certificate Program.
Subject areas include:
- Enterprise Risk Management
- The Legal System: Introduction to the Law
- Laws and Regulations Affecting Risk Management
- Information Privacy and Security
- Conditions of Participation
- Employees: Balancing Rights in the Health Care Workplace
- Disaster Preparedness
- Claims and Litigation Management
- Clinical Risk – Informed Consent
- Clinical Risk – Disclosure
- Risk Trending and Analysis
- Future Trends
Continuing Education Credit Information
This program is approved for 13 contact hours of continuing education credit toward fulfillment of the requirements of ASHRM designations of FASHRM (Fellow) and DFASHRM (Distinguished Fellow), and toward CPHRM renewal - for those who hold the designation at the time of the program.
Continuing Nursing Education (CNE)
American Society for Health Care Risk Management is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
This program has been approved for 13 credit hours of CNE.
ASHRM recommends that you take the modules in sequence, as information expands from one module to the next. Essentials is an ideal educational base for new risk managers, and an excellent up-to-date refresher for more experienced professionals. As the next step, Applications shows how the principles described in Essentials actually work in the real world. The Advanced Forum consists of expertly guided, small-group analysis of complex challenges, and is most beneficial when all participants are able to share their proven solutions.
13 hours of on-site application
You will receive a "Certificate of Completion" upon completion of the following:
- Full on-site attendance
- Completion of evaluation within 2 weeks
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.
HRM Certificate Module 1
Essentials in Health Care Risk Management
Enhance your foundational knowledge and practical skills necessary to support a successful health care risk management (HRM) program.
- Risk Identification
- High Risk Settings
- Risk Analysis
- Risk Control
- Root Cause Analysis
- Claims Management
- Risk Financing
- Crisis Management
- Emerging Risks
HRM Certificate Module 3
Advanced Forum in Health Care Risk Management
Use your risk management skills to engage stakeholders in creating and protecting organizational value.
- The Risk Manager’s Role in ERM
- The Business Case for Risk Management
- Big Data: What it is and Why it Matters
- Population Health: The Who, What, Why and Risk Management Aspects
- Contract Review: Significant Benefits
- Overview of Insurance Portfolio and Policies
- Human Resources Issues for Risk Managers
- Risk Financing Coverages
- Mergers and Acquisitions: Due Diligence in Health Care
- Medical Devices: A Primer on Innovation, Management and Liability
- Actuarial Process and Risk Transfer