Call for Poster Presentations is Now Open
Poster Abstracts are due Friday, May 15, 2015
Is your hospital or organization an innovator in healthcare risk management? Are you breaking new ground with projects that are improving the quality, efficiency and affordability of healthcare in your community? If so, now is your opportunity to share your success stories with your risk management colleagues!
ASHRM invites you to submit your project for a poster presentation to be part of the New Innovation Center at the 2015 ASHRM Annual Conference & Exhibition. A limited number of exceptional programs will be featured in the Innovation Center.
Innovation Center poster presentations and summaries will spotlight ASHRM members’ success stories in these areas:
- Decreasing / eliminating preventable serious safety events
- Decreasing / eliminating hospital-acquired conditions and readmissions
- Improving quality
- Enhancing patient safety
- Implementing Just Culture innovations
- May 15, 2015—Poster abstract submissions close
- After June 20, 2015—Posters chosen, primary authors notified
- September 31, 2015—Chosen posters uploaded to online site
Conditions of Participation
The Call for Posters is open to ASHRM members and nonmembers. Those who would like to participate should submit an abstract describing their project by Friday, May 15, 2015.
Abstract Submission Guidelines:
- Abstracts must be organized into four sections: Objectives, Methods, Results and Conclusions.
- Summaries should be 300 words or less.
- Abstracts should include a concise project title and the full names of authors, including their affiliations and designations. Make sure each author reviews and approves the abstract prior to submission.
- At least one author must register for the Annual Conference to be eligible for participation.
- Abstracts should include the mailing address, phone number, fax number and e-mail address for the primary contact person.
ASHRM Annual Conference 2015 Poster Proposal Evaluation Criteria
Approved abstracts will be evaluated on the following criteria:
Relevancy to the profession:
Topic and content are relevant to industry needs and interests of the risk management/patient safety professionals. The content of the poster has practical application in the field of risk management/patient safety.
Quality of proposal:
The overall quality of the poster proposal, based on the title, objectives and description, is clear and concise.
Diversity and innovation:
The poster provides new information, knowledge, or skills or a unique application of known information, knowledge, or skills. The poster will enhance the overall quality of the 2015 ASHRM Annual Conference.
The Annual Conference Committee will make the final decision on which abstracts are chosen for poster presentations and notify the primary contacts after June 30, 2015.
Click here to Submit your poster abstract.
Applicants whose abstracts are selected will receive a PowerPoint template to use in creating their posters. They will be required to upload their poster to an online site by Monday, August 31, 2015.
- Presenters should use a landscape style in designing the poster and choose a font size large enough so that the audience can read the poster from up to 2 feet away on a 46-inch screen.
- As in the abstract, the content of the poster should include the concise title of the project, the full names of all authors including their designations and affiliations, and the following sections: Objectives, Methods, Results and Conclusion.
- The poster should include acknowledgements, disclosures of financial support and references, when appropriate.
- All expenses associated with creation of the electronic posters are the responsibility of the presenter.
The posters will be displayed on large touch screens in the Innovation Center at the 2015 ASHRM Annual Conference & Exhibition in Indianapolis, IN, October 18-21, 2015. Presenters are asked to bring a copy of their PowerPoint poster to the conference on a jump drive, in case of technical difficulties.
If you have questions regarding the Call for Posters, please contact ASHRM at email@example.com. Please write “ASHRM Call for Posters” in the e-mail subject line.
Join our Community of nearly 6,000 Healthcare Professionals!