Certified Professional in Healthcare Risk Management (CPHRM)
Administered by the American Hospital Association, the Certified Professional in Healthcare Risk Management (CPHRM) is the healthcare industry’s premier certification for the risk management profession. The American Hospital Association’s Certification Center determines eligibility requirements, exam content, testing procedures and other aspects of the certification, and oversees the examination process.
CPHRM Exam Preparation Course
Eligible ASHRM members interested in preparing for the CPHRM Certification exam can do so through the CPHRM Examination Preparation Course, a review course available as a webinar series or a face-to-face program.
The CPHRM Exam Prep course is designed to help eligible risk management professionals take the exam. While the course is not designed to teach foundational concepts, it can help participants focus on content areas that may require a more in-depth review, as well as identify familiar content areas for which a more cursory review will suffice. The agenda for the course corresponds to the six major content areas of the CPHRM Exam detailed in the CPHRM Candidate Handbook and Application (PDF).
CPHRM Exam Preparation Guide
Need an additional resource to help you study for the exam? This guide includes a number of useful features applicable to each of the six domains: learning objectives, key terms, outline and review questions (which include answers as well as the rationale for answers), and ASHRM resources and other suggestions for additional study. Click Here for more information and to order.
Hosting a CPHRM Exam Prep Course
Chapters and other organizations can host their own CPHRM Examination Preparation Course, with ASHRM’s assistance, for members or other professionals. For details, please consult the information below:
Hosting a Chapter CPHRM Exam Prep Course
Hosting a Client CPHRM Exam Prep Course
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CPHRM Exam Information
- To take the CPHRM Exam at ASHRM Academy on May 8, 2014 Click here.
Registration Deadline – April 10
- To learn more about taking the exam through the AMP, Click Here.
The CPHRM exam is administered by the American Hospital Association and Applied Measurement Professionals (AMP), and can be taken anytime.
NOTE: The exam administration begins after all registered candidates have checked in or 2:30, whichever occurs first. Candidates are allowed two hours to complete the exam after administrative matters are completed. Schedule your travel arrangements accordingly.
- Applications cannot be submitted online for this special administration. They must be submitted by fax or mail.
- Obtain an exam application from the CPHRM Candidate Handbook OR download the application.
- Include payment with the application. AMP does not accept personal checks.
- Fax application with credit card information to (913) 895-4651.
- Mail application with company or cashier’s check payment to: AMP, 18000 W. 105th St., Olathe, KS 66061-7543
- NOTE: To ensure that your application is processed correctly and in a timely manner, please do NOT send exam applications or payment to ASHRM or the AHA Certification Center.
Exam Registration Confirmation
- Candidates are not registered for the exam until they have received their confirmation letter.
- AMP (not the AHA Certification Center) sends confirmation of receipt of the exam application (via mail and e-mail). If you do not receive a confirmation from AMP, please call 1.888.519.9901 or write info@goAMP.com.
Day of the Exam
All policies and procedures as listed in the CPHRM Candidate Handbook apply.
- Only candidates who received an exam confirmation from AMP will be allowed to test. Candidates who did not advance register will NOT be allowed to test at the conference.
- Candidates must be on time. Late arrivals will not be allowed to test.
- Candidates must bring two forms of identification and their confirmation letter. More information about the exam administration process is available in the CPHRM Candidate Handbook.
- Approved calculators are allowed, but not supplied. Candidates must bring their own calculator.
- The exam administration begins after all registered candidates have checked in or up to one hour later (2:30 p.m.), whichever occurs first.
- Unless a candidate informs AMP in advance that they will not be taking the exam, they are a viable candidate and will be given until the end of the registration time to arrive.
- Proctors provide exam administration information that will take approximately 15 minutes.
- The two hours allotted to complete the exam begins immediately after the administration matters are completed. Although allowed to leave the room for washroom breaks, the clock keeps running.
- AMP will mail candidates their exam results/score report about three to four weeks after the exam. The AHA Certification Center does not issue the score report.
- Candidates who pass the exam will receive their certificate of achievement and other materials from the AHA Certification Center, about six to eight weeks after the exam.
For More Information
- To sign-up for CPHRM review course, register or obtain other exam preparation materials, contact ASHRM at (312) 422-3980 or email@example.com.
- To register for the exam, submit your application or confirm your registration, contact AMP at 1.888.519.9901 or info@goAMP.com.
- For additional information about the CPHRM Certification Program, contact the AHA Certification Center at 312.422.3711, 312.422.3715, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For a list of Frequently Asked Questions visit: CPHRM FAQ.
The ASHRM Educational Scholarship and Grant Program supports advanced learning by providing educational grants to eligible individuals and affiliated chapters.
For more information email email@example.com.
To view CPHRM recipients of 2013, Click Here.
To view CPHRM recipients of 2012, Click Here.
To view CPHRM recipients of 2011, Click Here.
To view a complet list of CPHRM recipients, Click Here. (PDF)