Certified Professional in Healthcare Risk Management (CPHRM)
Administered by the American Hospital Association, the Certified Professional in Healthcare Risk Management (CPHRM) is the healthcare industry’s premier certification for the risk management profession. The American Hospital Association’s Certification Center determines eligibility requirements, exam content, testing procedures and other aspects of the certification, and oversees the examination process.
CPHRM Exam Preparation Course: Class Room
CPHRM Exam Preparation Course: Online
Eligible ASHRM members interested in preparing for the CPHRM Certification exam can do so through the CPHRM Examination Preparation Course, a review course available as a online series or a face-to-face program.
The CPHRM Exam Prep course is designed to help prepare eligible risk management professionals take the exam. While the course is not designed to teach foundational concepts, it can help participants focus on content areas that may require a more in-depth review, as well as identify familiar content areas for which a more cursory review will suffice. The agenda for the course corresponds to the five major content areas of the CPHRM Exam detailed in the CPHRM Candidate Handbook and Application (PDF).
CPHRM Exam Preparation Guide
Need an additional resource to help you study for the exam? This guide includes a number of useful features applicable to each of the five domains tested on the exam: learning objectives, key terms, outline and review questions (which include answers as well as the rationale for answers), and ASHRM resources and other suggestions for additional study. Click Here for more information and to order.
Hosting a CPHRM Exam Prep Course
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CPHRM Exam Information
- To register to take the CPHRM exam at an AMP Assessment Center, Click Here.
- ASHRM Academy - April 15, 2015, Tampa, Florida
The CPHRM exam is administered by The American Hospital Association Certification Center that contacts with Applied Measurement Professionals, Inc. (AMP), for exam administration. The exam is available online at AMP Assessment Centers six days a week, with the exception of some holidays.
Exam Registration Confirmation
- Candidates are not registered for an exam until they have received their confirmation letter from AMP.
- AMP (not the AHA Certification Center) sends confirmation of receipt of the exam application via mail and e-mail to the address provided on the exam application. If you do not receive a confirmation from AMP, please call 1.888.519.9901 or write info@goAMP.com.
Day of the Exam
All policies and procedures as listed in the CPHRM Candidate Handbook apply.
- Only candidates who received an exam confirmation from AMP will be allowed to test.
- Candidates must be on time. Late arrivals will not be allowed to test.
- Candidates must bring two forms of identification and their confirmation letter. More information about the exam administration process is available in the CPHRM Candidate Handbook.
- Approved calculators are allowed, but not supplied. Candidates must bring their own calculator. Cell phones are not an acceptable form of calculator.
- The two hours allotted to complete the exam begins immediately after the administration matters are completed. Although allowed to leave the room for washroom breaks, the clock keeps running.
- Candidates testing at an AMP Assessment Center typically receive their score report immediately after completing the exam. The AHA Certification Center does not issue the score report.
- Candidates completing a paper and pencil version of the exam at an education conference typically receive their score report about four weeks after the exam date.
- Candidates who pass the exam will receive their certificate of achievement and other materials from the AHA Certification Center, about six to eight weeks after the exam date.
For More Information
- To sign-up for CPHRM review course, register or obtain other exam preparation materials, contact ASHRM at 312-422-3980 or email@example.com.
- To register for the exam, submit your application or confirm your registration, contact AMP at 1-888-519-9901 or info@goAMP.com.
- For additional information about the CPHRM Certification Program, contact the AHA Certification Center at 312-422-3702, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For a list of Frequently Asked Questions visit: FAQ on the AHA-CC website
The ASHRM Educational Scholarship and Grant Program supports advanced learning by providing educational grants to eligible individuals and affiliated chapters.
For more information email email@example.com.
To view a complete list of CPHRM recipients, Click Here.