ASHRM Educational Scholarship Program
ASHRM is dedicated to supporting the professional development of current and prospective risk management and patient safety professionals by providing scholarships to attend the ASHRM Annual Conference.
Up to five continuing education scholarships for the ASHRM Annual Conference will be awarded. ASHRM’s annual conference is the optimal learning, networking and career-building experience for risk management and patient safety professionals nationwide. With over 2,000 in attendance, thought provoking keynote speakers, six tracks and more than 70 concurrent sessions, ASHRM continues its tradition of delivering extraordinary education and professional development resources. The 2015 conference will be held October 18-21 in Indianapolis, Indiana, and the scholarship offers complimentary registration to attend.
- Deadline - August 1, 2015
- Applicant notification – August 21, 2015
- Scholarships are only available to ASHRM members in good standing, and who have maintained membership for at least one year prior to submitting application materials.
- All applicants must submit a complete application and letter of recommendation.
- Priority will be given to first time applicants.
- Funding is limited. All decisions regarding an applicant’s approval or denial of a scholarship are made at the discretion of the ASHRM Educational Scholarship Task Force and the ASHRM Board of Directors and are considered final.
- All applications must be submitted by August 1st.
- All applicants must be:
- Currently employed at the professional level in the risk management, risk insurance, risk finance, healthcare law, or patient safety management profession
- Or must be able to articulate that a career change to the field of risk management/patient safety is a desired professional goal.
- Scholarships are considered for applicants demonstrating insufficient sources of funding to cover the full cost of the conference.
- Ability to demonstrate how newly learned techniques will be applied to improve the organization’s overall risk management/patient safety program.
- Documentation of current involvement in ASHRM activities (i.e. local chapters, committees/task forces, Journal of Healthcare Risk Management), or description of interest in involvement will be considered.
Required Application Documentation:
- Applicant narrative that includes the following:
- Name, Address, Telephone Numbers, and E-mail address
- Current position held at employer organization
- Description of how newly learned methods and skills will be applied to improve the organization’s overall management/patient safety program
- Individual scholastic experience, activities, and accomplishments
- Documentation of current involvement in ASHRM activities, or description of interest in involvement.
- Resume or CV that details work/scholastic experience related to risk management and/or patient safety.
- Employer letter of recommendation:
- Applicants must provide their letter writer with this template
- Letter must be from current employer (if currently unemployed or self-employed, letter may be from a past employer defined as “an individual who serves or has served in a supervisory capacity to the applicant”.)
- Annual Conference recipients must provide a one page summary of their experience by December 1. This information must be sent to email@example.com.
- Recipients are strongly encouraged to post on the ASHRM Exchange and/or submit an article for possible publication in ASHRM’s Journal of Healthcare Risk Management, describing how attendance at the program facilitated successful “hands-on” application of lessons learned.
- For marketing and promotional purposes, recipients may be asked to be interviewed describing how the scholarship was beneficial.
The updated criteria and guidelines for the ASHRM Educational Scholarship Program went into effect in January, 2015. For any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.